top of page
AJ Windows and Doors Van

Means of escape/fire escape

When should my windows have a means of escape ?

A means of escape or fire escape window is required in any habitable room on an upper floor.  In a storey building (for example a bungalow) there must be two exit point - a back and front door, although any rooms which connect to a hall which does not directly exit to an outside door will require windows with suitable means of escape.

What is a means of escape?

To conform to being a means of escape there should be a clear unobstructed opening with a min area of 0.33m and and a min height and width of 450mm

Free no obligation quotation

Get in touch 

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page